What is a Clinical Psychologist?
- Clinical Psychologists aim to reduce psychological distress and to enhance psychological well-being. They are trained to deal with a wide range of mental and physical health problems and provide psychological therapy. Unlike psychiatrists, they do not prescribe medication. Clinical Psychologists have to undertake an undergraduate degree in psychology, or a conversion course, followed by a 3-year clinical doctorate. They have usually also gained clinical or research experience in a relevant area prior to starting the doctorate.
What is an enneagram coach?
- Coaching is about helping people to unlock their potential, building awareness, empowering choice, and supporting people to make positive change. My coaching involves teaching people about the enneagram in order to do this; the enneagram is a model which describes patterns in how people see the world and manage their emotions. Each of the nine types has a set of core beliefs that motivates and guides them, and understanding these elements helps us to understand why we act the way that we do, and why other people act in different ways.
Where do sessions happen?
- Currently all sessions are happening virtually. When you have booked a session I will send you details about how to access your appointment. You will not need to sign up for any services or download any new apps.
Are sessions confidential?
- All your information is stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. I am registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner's Office. There may be times when it is necessary or beneficial to you for me to share information about your treatment with other healthcare professionals who are involved in supporting you (such as your GP), but this will always be done with your consent. I would be required to break confidentiality if I think that you or someone else is in danger.
How many sessions will I/we need?
- This is different for everyone, but typically for therapy you could expect to have around 12-16 sessions. Some people want more or fewer than this and that's OK, we can discuss as we go when is the right time for you to end therapy. You can decide that you want to stop at any time, though I would recommend having a final session so that we can review the work done so far and talk about ending the therapy and our relationship. Sometimes people want to come back for some additional sessions at a later date - you can get in touch to discuss whether this is the right option for you.
What do sessions cost?
- Initial therapy assessment (90 mins, includes summary letter): £140
- Individual therapy session (1 hour): £85
- Couples therapy session (90 mins): £120
- Enneagram discovery session (90 mins): £120
- Enneagram couples discovery package (3 sessions): £290
- Enneagram growth session (1 hour): £85
- Enneagram character consultation session (30/60mins): £40/70
- Preparing For... individual package: £250
- Preparing For... couples package: £350
- Training/Workshops: £Depends! Get in touch and we can discuss your session aims, length etc. and come up with a bespoke event together.
What if I need to cancel a session?
- If you cancel a session more than 48 hours in advance, you will not be charged. If you cancel 24-48 hours in advance you will be charged half the session rate. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, or do not turn up to the session, you will be charged the full session rate. You will be asked to sign a contract at the start of our work together which includes these terms.
Have other questions?
Get in touch!